If you do not comply with this Agreement at any time, linusebooks.com reserves the right to immediately cancel or terminate your access to the Service (or any part thereof) and/or your customer account, if any. linusebooks.com at its sole discretion and without prior notice or liability may discontinue, modify, or alter any aspect of the Service including, but not limited to:
(i) restricting the time, the Service is available,
(ii) restricting the amount of use permitted, and
(iii) restricting or terminating any user’s right to use the Service.
You agree that any termination or cancellation of your access to, or use of, the Service may be effected without prior notice. If you do not abide by the terms of this Agreement, you agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete your customer account if any, and all related information and/or files in your user account and/or bar any further access to such information and/or files and/or the Service (or part thereof). Further, you agree that linusebooks.com shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination or cancellation of your access to, or use of, the Service. You acknowledge that your only right concerning any dissatisfaction with any modification or discontinuation of the Service, or any policies or practices by linusebooks.com in providing the Service, including but not limited to any change in content, is to cease using the Service and cancel or terminate your subscription or Customer account, as applicable.
2. DIGITAL CONTENT
All literary works on the Service (each Digital Content) are the exclusive property of the publisher or its licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. The download of and access to any Digital Content is available only to Customers and is intended only for such Customers’ personal and non-commercial use. Any other use of Digital Content downloaded or accessed from the Service is strictly prohibited. Customers may not modify, transmit, publish, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the content of any Digital Content, in whole or in part. By downloading or otherwise accessing Digital Content from the Service, the Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees to these terms.
Restrictions apply on the number of eBooks the Subscription User can simultaneously access. Subscribers can access a maximum of one eBook for offline reading. If the Subscription User has already access one eBook when he/she access another eBook, the eBook which has been on the device will be automatically removed when he/she downloads a new eBook. linusebooks.com reserves the right to unilaterally alter these offline reading rules without notice.
linusebooks.com may also take steps to prevent fraud, such as restricting the number of titles that may be accessed at one time, and monitoring Customer accounts for any activity that may violate these Terms. If linusebooks.com discovers any type of fraud, linusebooks.com reserves the right to take enforcement action including the termination or suspension of a user’s account.
- the ability to access the Customer’s account and purchase Digital Content (including a listing of Customer’s literary works) via one of linusebooks.com applications across multiple platforms, including on the Customer’s devices such as eReaders, tablets, mobile phones, and personal computers (Devices) and linusebooks.com website;
- the ability to purchase, access, view, download, store, and read Digital Content on the Customer’s Devices from within the Customer’s account while utilizing a linusebooks.com application;
- unlimited storage of Digital Content purchased or downloaded via the Customer’s account on linusebooks.com systems, which can be accessed at all times when the Customer is logged into their account and using linusebooks.com application; and
- the ability to access certain functionality within Digital Content such as highlighting, in-book dictionary, bookmarking, and annotations.
If you are a Customer then you agree to the following:
(i) in consideration of your use of the Service, you represent that you are of the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, or 13 years old or older up to the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside with the express written consent of your parent or legal guardian, and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the New York and the federal laws of the U.S.A. or other applicable jurisdiction. You also agree to:
(a) provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as prompted by any registration form(s) on the Service, including your geographical location and billing address (the Registration Data); and
(b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, linusebooks.com has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service (or any portion thereof);
(ii) Customers will receive a password and account designation upon completing the Service registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to:
(a) immediately notify linusebooks.com of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security; and
(b) ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
5. RESTRICTIONS ON USE
These terms apply to all users of the Service, whether or not you are a Customer.
A. You shall use the Service for lawful purposes only. You shall not post or transmit through the Service any material that (i) violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, (ii) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, or (iii) encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. Without linusebooks.com expressing prior approval, you shall not post or transmit through the Service any material that contains advertising or any solicitation with respect to products or services. You shall not use the Service to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation, including, without limitation, the solicitation of users to become subscribers of other online information services. Any conduct by you that in linusebooks.com discretion restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Service will not be permitted.
C. You may not obscure or misrepresent your geographical location, forge headers, use proxies, use IP spoofing, or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send on or through the Service. You may not pretend or represent that you are someone else or impersonate any other individual or entity.
D. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate the security of the Service, including, without limitation:
(a) accessing data not intended for you, including logging into a server or account which you are not authorized to access;
(b) attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
(c) using any "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider" or other automatic devices, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Service or any Site Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Service or any Site Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site;
(d) taking any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Service or linusebooks.com systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Service or linusebooks.com;
(e) conducting a reverse look-up, tracing or seeking to trace any information on any other user, Customer or visitor to the Service, or any other customer of linusebooks.com, to its source, or exploit the Service or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Service, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your information, as provided by the Service;
(f) attempting to interfere with, disrupt or disable service to any user, host, or network, including, but not limited to any means of a denial of service attacks, overloading, flooding, mailbombing, or crashing;
(g) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting;
(h) disrupt network nodes or network services or otherwise restrict, inhibit, disrupt or impede linusebooks.com ability to monitor or make available the Service; or
(i) taking any action in order to obtain services to which you are not entitled.
Violations of system or network security may result in civil or criminal liability. linusebooks.com will investigate occurrences that may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting any user (whether or not a Customer) who is involved in such violations.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER LINUSEBOOKS.COM, ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
- THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ADDITIONALLY, THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEBSITE.
- IN NO EVENT WILL LINUSEBOOKS.COM, OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DISTRIBUTING THE WEBSITE OR THE CONTENT INCLUDED THEREIN, BE LIABLE IN CONTRACT, IN TORT (INCLUDING FOR ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE) OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF USE OR SIMILAR ECONOMIC LOSS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION SHALL APPLY TO ALL USE OF AND CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL LINUSEBOOKS.COM TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE), OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING THIS WEBSITE.
- THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INACCURACY, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF THIS WEBSITE, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR (INCLUDING STRICT LIABILITY), NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT LINUSEBOOKS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless linusebooks.com and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, damages, costs, liabilities, losses, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of your use of the Service.
Linus eBooks, Linusebooks.com, Rylan Books, and related words, domain names, and logos are trademarks and the property of Linus publication Inc. All other trademarks, product names, and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
10. THIRD PARTY CONTENT
linusebooks.com has no more editorial control over content than does a public library, bookstore, or newsstand. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including content providers and users, are those of the respective author(s) or distributor(s) and not of linusebooks.com. In many instances, the content available through the Service represents the opinions and judgments of the respective content provider or user. linusebooks.com neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made on the Service by anyone other than authorized linusebooks.com employee spokespersons while acting in their official capacities.
11. PUBLIC DOMAIN
Some of the literary works offered on the Service have been identified as being in the public domain by certain content providers. linusebooks.com does not verify the accuracy of public domain designations and is not liable for any damage that may result from the downloading or other use of such literary works by you. If you do not reside in the relevant jurisdiction for which the public domain designation has been made, it is your responsibility to check the laws of your country of residence prior to downloading or accessing such literary works.
Linus Publishing Inc. controls the Service from its offices within the State of New York, United States of America. The Service can be accessed from all states and territories of the United States of America and other countries worldwide. As each of these jurisdictions has laws that may differ from those of the State of New York, by accessing the Service, if you are located outside of U.S.A., you agree that all matters relating to access to, or use of, the Service, or any other hyperlinked website, shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York and the federal laws of the United States of America applicable therein. You also agree and hereby submit to the non-exclusive, personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the State of New York and acknowledge that you do so voluntarily and are responsible for complying with all local laws.linusebooks.com reserves the right to alter the software of any linusebooks.com device, including enhancements, bug fixes, etc., at any time and in linusebooks.com sole discretion.
Last updated on November 9, 2021.